The Governing Council plays an important role within Flinders Park Primary School.
Governance refers to the systems and processes by which strategic directions, policy and the future vision of a school/preschool are decided, monitored, reviewed and reported against to continually enhance the performance of a school/preschool and the achievement of its students.
In this model of governance:
- The cooperative role of the governing council and school staff is emphasised.
- Management and governance are clearly separated.
- The focus is on improving student learning outcomes.
- The broad directions are set and monitored by the governing council.
- The site leader and staff are responsible for reporting.
- Joint areas of accountability are minisied.
The role of the Governing Council is to:
- Set the broad direction of the school.
- Involve the school community in the governance of the school.
- Develop broad directional policy statements that facilitate the achievement of the school vision and broad direction.
- Monitor the progress of the budget.
- Report to the school community decisions made by the Governing Council.
The Governing Council strives to identify and incorporate student, parent and community input to facilitate the achievement of the our schools vision and school values. As per DfE regulation the Flinders Park Primary School Governing Council role is directed by an approved Constitution and a Code of Practice.
Governing Council Documents